30-Minute Salmon with Strawberry Salsa
In just 30 minutes, you can have a light dinner entree that’s packed with protein and fresh produce. Serve this sweet and savory salmon with a green salad and brown rice for a well-rounded meal.
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (more or less to taste)
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro (or 3/4 tsp dried cilantro)
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- PAM spray
- 4 salmon filets (approx 14 oz)
- Pepper, to taste
In a mixing bowl, combine first 9 ingredients (strawberries through brown sugar); cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Preheat oven for 450 degrees. Spray a baking dish with PAM. Place salmon fillets in baking dish and spritz with PAM or water/oil mixture; bake for 8-10 minutes or until salmon is done to your liking; pepper to taste. Spoon salsa over fish and enjoy!